Job type: Permanent
Job reference no: 21
Our client is looking for the right candidate to join their expanding team, taking up the exciting new role of an Interior designer. The successful candidate will manage full fit out projects from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate will have excellent creative thinking skills and be able to create designs based on conversations with a client. The candidate should be confident communicating regularly with the client in order to assess their needs and be able to adjust a given approach based on feedback. The candidate should maintain familiarity with the interior design landscape and trends in order to provide the best ideas for clients.
What will you be working on?
• Assisting with projects from inception to completion along with the space planning of all new schemes (Guest Rooms, FOH etc).
• Preparing design presentations, Prepare 3D and 2D hand-drawn sketches, renders and diagrams
• 3D and 2D software-drawn sketches, renders and diagrams
• Preparing finishes, materials, and design packages
• Developing design scheme information for the pre-construction stages
• Liaising and coordinating with internal and external colleagues and contacts.
• Creating FF&E packages, and effectively communicating with our suppliers.
• Liaising and coordinating with internal Project Fit Out Manager and MD and assisting with FF&E specifications
• Tendering for new projects
All about you:
• You’ll have 3+ years’ experience and be motivated to achieve the highest quality output of design and documentation needed for the execution of multiple projects running simultaneously.
• You will be highly creative, a problem solver, have excellent communication skills, self-motivated, and thrive working as a member of a team
• You should present strong spatial awareness, and space planning skills
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture, or Interior Design.
• Proficient in AutoCad, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Microsoft Excel
• Strong technical understanding of joinery detailing and construction
• Understand the design phases and what information is required at each stage
• Strong concept generation ability.
• Knowledge of Irish, UK, and EU building regulations and design standards.
• Demonstrate experience in selecting and preparing bespoke FF&E Schedules
• Ability to work within project budgets and deadlines
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Previous success taking projects through to completion stage
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Experience working on site
• Safe pass and Manual handling is a bonus
- Create attractive designs and layouts for various projects
- Meet with client in order to understand the client’s objectives and desires
- Communicate effectively with client, vendors and team in order to address client’s needs
- Prepare presentations (3D, 2D,mock-ups and renderings) for clients
- Create quotes for clients and ensure full workflow is followed
- Maintain industry knowledge in order to stay relevant
Apply for this role
Please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio to Chloe@vardisgroup.ie
Other live roles
Job type: Permanent
Salary: 12.50 per hour
Job reference no: 12
We are currently recruiting Security Officers for two of our sites located in Tallaght, Co. Dublin.
To manage and fulfil duties required. To protect our property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites instructions and any subsequent changes.
- Fully complete all of the tasks and duties on site in line with policies, procedures, instructions and manuals.
- Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact for security-related matters.
- Preventing and detecting unauthorized entry.
- Asset protection and prevention of loss and waste.
- Management of keys.
- Customer service/ provide assistance to employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- To report, record and respond to incidents, accidents, H&S matters, and emergency situation.
- To carry out various checks and patrols to promote safe and secure environment.
- To support reception team after hours (incl. visitor management).
- Provide assistance at functions/events.
- Complete training relevant to the site and possess good working knowledge to fulfil the duties/task.
- Address knowledge gaps to the line management.
- Assist team members in managing day to day delivery of security services.
- Look out for, act upon and/or report (potential) issue to the relevant party.
- Wear the uniform correctly at all times; maintain a high level of personal presentation.
- Must have a valid PSA licence
- Good command of English language; fluent command of local language.
- Computer literate.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Pro-active approach, confidence to suggest and organise better ways of working.
- Be fully flexible in relation to the hours and place of work.
- Must have excellent verbal and written accuracy.
- listening skills.
- Life Assurance equal to one year’s basic pay as per Employment Regulation Order (ERO)
- Overtime as per the ERO
- Sick Pay Scheme as per ERO
- Bereavement payment, contract dependent
- Minimum Shift/Duty Hours
- Opportunities for fast progression
The Ideal Candidates will have their own transport.
please apply directly to this Ad as other forms of communication not requested will be ignored.
There is an immediate start requirement for the ideal candidate.
Job type: Permanent
Location: Belgard House, Tallaght.
Job reference no: 11
Due to our constant expansion, Vardis Group are hiring for an experienced warehouse operative to join our team in Tallaght.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receiving of products which will include physical unloading, pallet build to agreed specification, WMS receipt, put away to location
- Picking of products which will include, case picking, pallet picking, pallet wrapping, shipping and loading pallets
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Keeping paperwork up to date
- Working in a team environment
- Cycle counting
- Responsible for general warehouse duties
- Responsible to maintain accuracy throughout all processes
- Ensure the distribution centre is clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Forklift Licence
- Excel skills
- Manual handling is a plus
- Can do attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive rates
- Genuine opportunities for career development
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday Roster
Job Type: Full-time
Vardis Property Management
Resident Engagement Manager / Concierge
Job type: Permanent
Location: Harolds Cross, Dublin.
Job reference no: 13
Vardis Group are seeking an enthusiastic person to carry out a full-time resident engagement manager and concierge type role dealing with a new residential development of 220 apartments in South Dublin.
The role requires someone who is able to work independently on-site at the development, whilst working as part of a wider team that is responsible for managing and servicing the property and the people who live there. The candidate will have an ability to adapt, be reactive and make decisions in an environment that is designed to promote the high levels of professional service – to work colleagues, residents and service providers.
The person will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the development in tandem with the block and property managers with a view to protecting the owner’s investment in the property and endeavouring to ensure that residents have the best possible rental experience, consistently delivering the high levels of customer service.
The following tasks are indicative of the role but the list is not exhaustive;
· Working with the Block Managers and the Property Managers on a daily basis;
· Managing and developing concierge type services and offerings;
· Acting as Front of House/Reception;
· Promoting a high level of customer service and building relationships with residents, contractors and local area stakeholders (e.g. local businesses);
· Organising and promoting resident engagement and events – coordinating quotes and presenting them for review/approval; arranging third parties to attend for events (e.g. motivational speakers; chefs; children entertainers, clubs etc.);
· Coordinating and managing resident events, once approved;
· Create, contribute and monitor social forums on the approved software such as community notice board, running club, book club and other networking groups etc to promote interaction among residents
· Developing ideas for suggested events/ services & amenities on an ongoing basis;
· Updating residents via communication systems and via approved platforms for issues or events happening in the area and in the building;
· Updating residents events calendar on regular basis;
· Working to build a warm hospitable and active community;
· Facilitating access to apartments for third party / contractor requirements (with residents permission);
· Liaising with Block Management Agent for common area related matters and assisting them as required;
· Assisting with the CCTV requirements as required at the direction of the block manager;
· Liaising with residents and other relevant parties if issues arise; working with relevant third parties to address and helping to resolve or remedy any issues;
· Managing deliveries and their storage on behalf of residents;
· Managing bookings of any communal areas (e.g. amenity spaces);
· Addressing requirements of residents as they arise;
· Providing local knowledge to residents as required;
· If required, assisting with the arrival of new residents and move ins;
· Liaising with contractors related to the Property for maintenance or general upkeep;
· Managing & storing securely apartment keys and master keys;
· Working on the Client approved software systems and updating as relevant;
· Assisting with maintenance issues and troubleshooting for the apartments or common areas;
· Assisting with building issues and property management matters in cooperation with the Property Managers and the Block Managers;
· Participate in regular check ins with the Property Manager and Block Manager to share issues and resident feedback to drive resident satisfaction;
· Assist the Property Manager and Block Manager with inspections or review of common areas or arranging of inspection of the apartments as required;
· Liaising with & taking instruction from Company Managers on any Human Resource matters that arise;
· Managing the on-site team and training new team members;
· Provide feedback on improvements and amendments to the onsite set-up and services;
· Meeting the aspirations of the Company to provide a high level of service, creating a positive community, and welcoming feeling to the property.
The role would entail 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday shift involved. The candidate will require flexibility in relation to the hours worked and the role may involve covering other site Managers Holidays/days off in varies locations around Dublin.
The general hours for the on-site Resident Engagement Manager / Concierge service are as follows;
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 7.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am – 7.30pm
Sunday: 10.00 – 2pm
For example, the mid-week hours for this role would generally be 8.30am – 5pm and there will be part-time staff to fulfil hours outside of this. Some days, for example, the hours could be from 11am – 7.30pm for this role.
o Enthusiastic & motivated & professional
o Have experience in the hospitality industry – customer service in hotels; event management for hotels etc
o Have minimum 3 years customer service experience
o Ideally have experience managing a team
o Strong communication and negotiation skills
o Have fluency in written & oral English
o Proficiency in the standard Microsoft office suite including in particular MS Word and Excel
o Show confidence in dealing with people both in person and over the phone
o Ability to build long term relationships with residents
o Willingness to work hard and ability work on own initiative and attention to detail are essential
Our chosen techniques of recruitment have been adopted and approved within the industries standard, but it is important to note that our human component differentiates us. As a candidate your career aspirations are understood and further closely aligned with the needs of our client to generate a successful outcome for each party.
Get in touch
Contact Vardis today to discuss all of your property and recruitment needs. We'd love to hear from you.