Managing Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Location: Dublin City Centre
Salary: Not Disclosed
Job reference no: 3
Our client, one of Ireland’s premier residential developers currently building a mix of high end and large scale apartments, retail, logistics and office buildings in Dublin, have a unique opportunity for a high calibre Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team in Dublin.
The Manging Quantity Surveyor will take commercial responsibility and ownership for a number of projects, working closely with the Project Managers, Design Team and the construction team to ensure a successful project is delivered, while maintaining relationships and maximising commercial returns and managing risk.
- Experience in residential, retail and commercial projects to ensure project delivery against agreed company success criteria
- Strong commercial awareness in reviewing and agreeing cost plans and setting overall development budgets with the Commercial Manager
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Experience in managing standard construction contract forms, including variations and final account agreements
- Supervising and managing the accurate and timely project delivery monthly reporting from Project and Senior Quantity Surveyors under their supervision to the Commercial Manager
- Attending meetings with the design teams, PQS’s, main contractors, enabling works subcontractors and specialist subcontractors
Tasks will be reviewed and allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- Commercial, retail and residential experience is a requirement for this position
- 10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience
- Experience managing a team
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Processing interim payments for Main Contractors, Design Team and Enabling Works Sub-Contractors
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Must have strong knowledge of building details and construction technology
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- Confident working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative and manage a team of quantity surveyor on a number of projects.
- To be able to commercially co-ordinate more than one project at the same time, reporting to a Commercial Manager
If this role is of interest, please forward your cv to discuss further in strictest confidence.
Apply for this role
To express interest in this position, please submit the below form with your information and an up-to-date CV in PDF format. For additional information on a specific live role or on the recruitment services we provide, email email@example.com
Other live roles
Job type: Permanent
Salary: 12.50 per hour
Job reference no: 12
We are currently recruiting Security Officers for two of our sites located in Tallaght, Co. Dublin.
To manage and fulfil duties required. To protect our property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites instructions and any subsequent changes.
- Fully complete all of the tasks and duties on site in line with policies, procedures, instructions and manuals.
- Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the first point of contact for security-related matters.
- Preventing and detecting unauthorized entry.
- Asset protection and prevention of loss and waste.
- Management of keys.
- Customer service/ provide assistance to employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- To report, record and respond to incidents, accidents, H&S matters, and emergency situation.
- To carry out various checks and patrols to promote safe and secure environment.
- To support reception team after hours (incl. visitor management).
- Provide assistance at functions/events.
- Complete training relevant to the site and possess good working knowledge to fulfil the duties/task.
- Address knowledge gaps to the line management.
- Assist team members in managing day to day delivery of security services.
- Look out for, act upon and/or report (potential) issue to the relevant party.
- Wear the uniform correctly at all times; maintain a high level of personal presentation.
- Must have a valid PSA licence
- Good command of English language; fluent command of local language.
- Computer literate.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Pro-active approach, confidence to suggest and organise better ways of working.
- Be fully flexible in relation to the hours and place of work.
- Must have excellent verbal and written accuracy.
- listening skills.
- Life Assurance equal to one year’s basic pay as per Employment Regulation Order (ERO)
- Overtime as per the ERO
- Sick Pay Scheme as per ERO
- Bereavement payment, contract dependent
- Minimum Shift/Duty Hours
- Opportunities for fast progression
The Ideal Candidates will have their own transport.
please apply directly to this Ad as other forms of communication not requested will be ignored.
There is an immediate start requirement for the ideal candidate.
Job type: Permanent
Location: Belgard House, Tallaght.
Job reference no: 11
Due to our constant expansion, Vardis Group are hiring for an experienced warehouse operative to join our team in Tallaght.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receiving of products which will include physical unloading, pallet build to agreed specification, WMS receipt, put away to location
- Picking of products which will include, case picking, pallet picking, pallet wrapping, shipping and loading pallets
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Keeping paperwork up to date
- Working in a team environment
- Cycle counting
- Responsible for general warehouse duties
- Responsible to maintain accuracy throughout all processes
- Ensure the distribution centre is clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Forklift Licence
- Excel skills
- Manual handling is a plus
- Can do attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive rates
- Genuine opportunities for career development
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday Roster
Job Type: Full-time
Vardis Property Management
Resident Engagement Manager / Concierge
Job type: Permanent
Location: Harolds Cross, Dublin.
Job reference no: 13
Vardis Group are seeking an enthusiastic person to carry out a full-time resident engagement manager and concierge type role dealing with a new residential development of 220 apartments in South Dublin.
The role requires someone who is able to work independently on-site at the development, whilst working as part of a wider team that is responsible for managing and servicing the property and the people who live there. The candidate will have an ability to adapt, be reactive and make decisions in an environment that is designed to promote the high levels of professional service – to work colleagues, residents and service providers.
The person will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the development in tandem with the block and property managers with a view to protecting the owner’s investment in the property and endeavouring to ensure that residents have the best possible rental experience, consistently delivering the high levels of customer service.
The following tasks are indicative of the role but the list is not exhaustive;
· Working with the Block Managers and the Property Managers on a daily basis;
· Managing and developing concierge type services and offerings;
· Acting as Front of House/Reception;
· Promoting a high level of customer service and building relationships with residents, contractors and local area stakeholders (e.g. local businesses);
· Organising and promoting resident engagement and events – coordinating quotes and presenting them for review/approval; arranging third parties to attend for events (e.g. motivational speakers; chefs; children entertainers, clubs etc.);
· Coordinating and managing resident events, once approved;
· Create, contribute and monitor social forums on the approved software such as community notice board, running club, book club and other networking groups etc to promote interaction among residents
· Developing ideas for suggested events/ services & amenities on an ongoing basis;
· Updating residents via communication systems and via approved platforms for issues or events happening in the area and in the building;
· Updating residents events calendar on regular basis;
· Working to build a warm hospitable and active community;
· Facilitating access to apartments for third party / contractor requirements (with residents permission);
· Liaising with Block Management Agent for common area related matters and assisting them as required;
· Assisting with the CCTV requirements as required at the direction of the block manager;
· Liaising with residents and other relevant parties if issues arise; working with relevant third parties to address and helping to resolve or remedy any issues;
· Managing deliveries and their storage on behalf of residents;
· Managing bookings of any communal areas (e.g. amenity spaces);
· Addressing requirements of residents as they arise;
· Providing local knowledge to residents as required;
· If required, assisting with the arrival of new residents and move ins;
· Liaising with contractors related to the Property for maintenance or general upkeep;
· Managing & storing securely apartment keys and master keys;
· Working on the Client approved software systems and updating as relevant;
· Assisting with maintenance issues and troubleshooting for the apartments or common areas;
· Assisting with building issues and property management matters in cooperation with the Property Managers and the Block Managers;
· Participate in regular check ins with the Property Manager and Block Manager to share issues and resident feedback to drive resident satisfaction;
· Assist the Property Manager and Block Manager with inspections or review of common areas or arranging of inspection of the apartments as required;
· Liaising with & taking instruction from Company Managers on any Human Resource matters that arise;
· Managing the on-site team and training new team members;
· Provide feedback on improvements and amendments to the onsite set-up and services;
· Meeting the aspirations of the Company to provide a high level of service, creating a positive community, and welcoming feeling to the property.
The role would entail 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday shift involved. The candidate will require flexibility in relation to the hours worked and the role may involve covering other site Managers Holidays/days off in varies locations around Dublin.
The general hours for the on-site Resident Engagement Manager / Concierge service are as follows;
Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 7.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am – 7.30pm
Sunday: 10.00 – 2pm
For example, the mid-week hours for this role would generally be 8.30am – 5pm and there will be part-time staff to fulfil hours outside of this. Some days, for example, the hours could be from 11am – 7.30pm for this role.
o Enthusiastic & motivated & professional
o Have experience in the hospitality industry – customer service in hotels; event management for hotels etc
o Have minimum 3 years customer service experience
o Ideally have experience managing a team
o Strong communication and negotiation skills
o Have fluency in written & oral English
o Proficiency in the standard Microsoft office suite including in particular MS Word and Excel
o Show confidence in dealing with people both in person and over the phone
o Ability to build long term relationships with residents
o Willingness to work hard and ability work on own initiative and attention to detail are essential
Our chosen techniques of recruitment have been adopted and approved within the industries standard, but it is important to note that our human component differentiates us. As a candidate your career aspirations are understood and further closely aligned with the needs of our client to generate a successful outcome for each party.
Get in touch
Contact Vardis today to discuss all of your property and recruitment needs. We'd love to hear from you.